So please send quilt shop recommendations this way!! Thank you!!
Ooo!! Let’s see if I can do this!
- The first thing I ever made on a sewing machine was a heart-shaped pillow with purple dinosaur fabric & lace around the edges. I was four or five. Proof:
- My car’s name is Carolina. My name is just Anne.
- I have 5 quilts in progress right now - including the first lap size quilt top I ever made circa third grade (I’ll finish it one of these days)!
- I absolutely
hatecan’t stand sewing garments.
- I have three sewing machines in my new apartment. I have two more waiting to move in :)
- I’m the Portland Modern Quilt Guild’s 2013 treasurer!!
- I just learned how to do English Paper Piecing and I’ve got it bad for hexagons!! Beautiful followers: Please message me some of your favorite patterns using hexies
- My favorite quilt shop is cool cottons
- Minutes ago I finished piecing the top for my niece’s baby quilt, but I’m going to keep photos hush hush until it’s finished & in my sister’s hands
- Pickles & Wine, you’re my favorite
julia-turbo said: We’re doing sparkle punch for our first guild quilt along. Tell me how you like it!
I LOVE it!! It’s not technically challenging but arranging your blocks is a challenge! I tossed several blocks (no worries, they’ll make it into a table runner I’m sure) just because it was evident that they really did not belong. Elizabeth Hartman’s patterns always make me consider my fabric choices whereas other designers’ patterns I feel like ‘anything goes!’ It has been a lot of fun & I’m really excited about this quilt. I am making it for my niece (due in May) so it is significantly smaller than Elizabeth’s - but I also think it was easy to manipulate the size. And I’m considering making a full size one for my own bed. There’s enough going on that I’m not sick of the block construction yet!!
Does your guild have a flickr pool going? I’d love to follow your progress!!